- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°.
- Step 2 In a shallow pan, add the flour and ¼ teaspoon of the Seasoning Mix. Mix well and set aside.
- Step 3 Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat (cast iron is best). Season the pork chops lightly on all sides with the Seasoning Mix, about ½ teaspoon per chop. Dredge the pork chops in the seasoned flour and place them in the hot skillet. Brown the chops on both sides, about 3 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second side. Remove the browned chops from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- Step 4 Discard the excess oil from the skillet, reserving any browned bits of flour. Reduce heat to low. Add the onions and bell peppers to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the onions turn soft and clear, about 2 minutes. Add the minced garlic and ¼ teaspoon of the Seasoning Mix. Cook, stirring constantly, for 30 – 40 seconds. Add the stock and Creole Navy Bean Soup and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until well blended.
- Step 5 Add the pork chops to the bean mixture and return the mixture to a boil.
- Step 6 Place the pork chops in the oven and bake, uncovered, until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Step 7 Remove from oven and serve with rice and vegetables.
For the Seasoning Mix:
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
In a small cup, add all ingredients and mix until fully blended. Set aside.
Main Dish Ingredients:
- ½ cup all-purpose white flour
- Seasoning Mix (see recipe above)
- 2 Tablespoons mild olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 4 ounces each
- ¼ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ¾ cup unsalted pork or chicken stock
- 1 15-oz. can Blue Runner® Creole Navy Bean Soup