- Step 1 – Heat the olive oil and 1 Tablespoon of butter in a pot over high heat. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to brown.
- Step 2 – Reduce heat to low. Add the salt, sweet basil, oregano, thyme, cayenne, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Step 3 – Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the shrimp turn pink on the outside.
- Step 4 – Add the garlic and green onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Step 5 – Add the Blue Runner® Creole Etouffée Base. Turn heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the 2 Tablespoons of butter and cook just until the butter melts into the sauce. Serve with cooked rice (see recipe).
- 1 Tablespoon mild olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon dried whole-leaf sweet basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried whole-leaf oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried whole-leaf thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups peeled, medium-sized shrimp
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 25-oz. can Blue Runner® Creole Eouffée Base
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
CHEF’S NOTES: One pound of fresh, head-on shrimp will yield about 2 cups of peeled shrimp.