- ½ cup fresh sweet basil leaves, tightly packed
- ¾ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly roasted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1 – In a food processor, add the basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, salt, black pepper, and grated cheese. Pulse the machine until the ingredients are coarsely chopped.
- Step 2 – With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Transfer the pesto to a small cup and set aside.