- Step 1 – Heat the butter in a pot over medium heat. Add the onions and bay leaf and cook, stirring constantly, until the onions become soft and clear, 2-3 minutes.
- Step 2 – Add the salt, thyme, and white pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 20-30 seconds.
- Step 3 – Reduce heat to low and add the rice. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 4 – Add the water and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to very low. Cover the pot and cook for exactly 17 minutes. Remove bay leaf, stir, and serve.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried whole-leaf thyme
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 2 cups rice (Jazzmen® aromatic white rice or Panola Popcorn/Basmati rice preferred)
- 3 ½ cups water